I recently took the Community Cloud Consultant Exam, so I thought I’d share my study process. Hopefully it will help some other folks to pass the exam.
I had experience implementing communities for two different clients, one with the Napili template and one with Visualforce + Tabs.
About the exam
- Prerequisite: Salesforce Certified Administrator credential
- Multiple-choice/multiple-select questions = 60
- Passing Score = 57%
- Time allotted to complete the exam = 90 minutes
- Minimum correct answers = 60 * 57 / 100 = 34.2 (at least 34)
Note: Please note that there might be 2 to 5 unscored questions in addition to the 60 scored questions. The additional 2 to 5 unscored questions are for the Salesforce university in order to gather data on questions performance (fail/pass rate).
Here’s what I did to study:
- I read the entire Getting Started with Communities implementation guide. I printed it out so I could annotate it too. I created a test Napili community and a test Visualforce + Tabs community to use to do the steps rather than just read about them in a hypothetical way.
- I skimmed the Using Templates to Build Communities implementation guide. It goes into a lot of detail about the different components you can use in a community template and how to build different types of pages.
- I did these two Trailhead modules: Community Cloud Basics and Community Rollout Strategy.
- Read the study guide to make sure I knew all of the topics that would be covered. If there was a topic I didn’t find in the implementation guides, I read a bit more help documentation about it.
I got some questions about licences and found out, that read the pricing page on website is not enough. There are some Customer Community Plus licences as well, so I had to take some guesses here.
I had a lot of questions about Super User access and I wasn’t really sure what the right answer is. Just imagine – you have 120 000 partner accounts, would Super User access the right solution? Or is account owner better? How can user rules help me? And what about sharing rules – criteria based, owner based or APEX managed sharing? And what about internal users and anonymous access, will it play together? I would say these questions were about 50 % of the exam.
Some questions about templates, mainly which template to use when I need access to custom objects, how I can setup landing page, how recommendation works and whether I have to use Recommendation component or Featured recommendations component (not sure about the names, hope I’ll find them on the palette when needed).
And then some „non important“ questions about flagging content, keywords (do you know you can have just 2000 of them in a list?), how voting works and how can you choose how many articles will be visible on main page or when searching. How can you easily customize colors in your template – use the predefined schemes, manually enter HEX codes, download it from other webpage or automatically generate from uploaded logo (for real).